Homeschool Days - Museums, Entertainment, Farms and more!
This list is designed to help you plan but please check the organization's website for complete details as details are subject to change at any time (most of the time they don't). If you know of any other homeschool days, please let me know. Thank you!
For more great field trips, check out SE Homeschool Fieldtrips on Facebook!
ALSO CHECK OUT - BEYOND ATLANTA HOMESCHOOL DAYS - includes TN Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Great Wolf Lodge, Biltmore Estates, Elachee Nature Center, Graceland and MORE
Red Top Mountain Homeschool Day
- Thursday May 12th - 10 AM - 1 PM - This month we will be learning about the trees of Red Top Mountain with a moderate level tree identification hike and a dendrochronology activity. These activities are recommended for 3rd grade students and up. Call the Park Office to pre-register by 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 11.
Six Flags Homeschool Day
- Friday May 20th - 10 AM - 5 PM - Promo code: homeschool; $26.49 - admission only; $36.03 - Catered packaged includes a complimentary Holiday in the Park admission ticket valid November 19 - November 27th; Parking - $5, Processing Fee: $12
- Friday May 20th - 10 AM - 5 PM - $6 for homeschool students and $8.50 for adults. I see a Story: The Art of Eric Carle
The Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA)
- Friday May 20th - 10 AM - 11 AM - Tour + Demonstration. Cost $5
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - 3D Printing from Minecraft (Ages 8-12) - Cost $30 members and $35 non members
- Thursday May 19th - 2 PM - 4 PM - Join a park ranger and other home schoolers during this outdoor, educational program. We will be discussing different topics related to science and nature; typically relating to the current season. Please register in advance. Ages 8 and up. Admission - $5. Parking fee - $5
High Falls State Park
- Homeschool Thursdays - Thurs May 19th - 10 AM - 12 PM - Admission $7. Parking $5
F.D. Roosevelt Park
- Pine Mountain, GA - Friday May 20th - 9:30 AM - 12 PM - Discover more about fish and go fishing in Lake Franklin. Discover fish up close in an investigative lab and make a craft to take home. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the park on your own afterwards. Meet at the Small Group Camp on Lake Franklin past the horse stables. Admission:
$5 per child ages 4 & up. Parents free. Extra adults $5
Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- Wednesday May 25, 2016 - $10 per student, $10 per chaperone (max 2 per student). Pre-registation is not required. Various programs scheduled throughout the day.
Sweetwater Creek Park
- Lithia Springs, GA - Thursday May 26th - 10 AM - 1 PM - This month we are taking a closer look at the properties of water and the microscopic organisms that inhabit it. Join us to run water samples, participate in H2Olympic activities, and learn to use a microscope on water samples. These activities are aimed at grades 3-5. Call the Visitor Center by 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 25 to pre-pay/pre-register.
Events that happen every month or several times a year
Atlanta History Center - August - September - Day of the week varies by month - 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Autrey Mill Nature Preserve - Johns Creek, GA - Thursday and Friday each month; 10 AM - 2 PM - Ages 6-11 (Grades 1 - 5); Bring a packed lunch and drink. Each class will focus on a different topic. $15 for members and $20 for non members. Friday Jan 8th, Thurs Jan 14th, Fri Feb 5th, Thurs Feb 11th, Fri Mar 11th, Thurs Mar 17th, Fri April 1st, Thurs Apr 14th, Fri May 13th.
Bounce U - Kennesaw, GA - We have a special Homeschool Bounce on Wednesdays from 1-3 for $5.00/child
This is a time you and your homeschool friends can come for a PE. We also offer other Open Bounce times throughout the week...please see our website for availability and pricing.
Center for Puppetry Arts - The Center offers Home Educators $10.50 all-inclusive tickets to homeschools (regular price $16.50) on select dates. Includes performance and Create-A-Puppet Workshop admission! *Limit 4 per family. Subject to availability. Not valid on previously purchased tickets or with any other offer. Dates subject to change.
CALL 404-873-3391 TO PURCHASE HOME EDUCATOR TICKETS.
Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Roswell, GA - 2nd Monday of the month - September - May 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Join us for exciting science and nature programs planned just for homeschooling students. A perfect addition to your ecology, biology and geology curriculum, Home School Science Mondays are a great way to get hands-on science and nature lessons, receive help on projects and research and network with other homeschooling families.
Cochran Mill Nature Center
- Palmetto GA - CMNC hosts Homeschool Day each month, a group program designed for hands-on learning about nature. Homeschool classes are listed by month on our events calendar
page. Click on the class you'd like to attend for complete details. Programs range from 60-90 minutes and are open to Kindergarten through 12th grades students. Some classes may be recommended for certain age groups although all grades are welcome to attend. $7 per student (K-12th grades) and $3.50 per adult (over 18).
Cumming Aquatic Center
- Cumming Aquatic Center is opening their indoor pool to the homeschool community from 2-6 the 3rd Friday of every month get in 1/2 off - Under 2 Free; Kids $2; Adults $2.50. Not valid in June or July.
Escalade Rockwall Climbing in Kennesaw - Homeschool days on 3rd Thursday of the month from 12:00 - 2:00 PM - Cost is $8 and includes guide service and equipment rental. Children 4 and under pay $6 for entry into the gym and use of the kids play area. Pizza offered at 1:00p.m. for only $1.00 per slice!
Hot Wheels Skate Center
- Woodstock, GA - First Friday of each month - 10 AM - 4 PM - $6 admission skate rental included. Call for Group Pricing.
Ice Forum - Kennesaw, GA - Times are 10 AM - 12 PM -Please note on website the dates for home school sessions this year. . Most months will have the second Friday and third Tuesday of the month as home school days. Admission and skate rental is $6.00 for home schoolers. All other family members must pay regular admission and skate rental price.
Marietta Ice Center - Homeschoolers Ice Skating Program - Wednesdays from 12:00 - 2:00 PM - $10 per skater includes skate rental.
Masterpiece Mixers Paint and Party Studio - Suwanee and Braselton, Ga - Once a month homeschool days. Schedule varies. . Price is $12.00. You can register as an individual or with a group - Their calendar is not updated for 2015-2016
Rancho Alegre Farm - Dacula, GA - Cost: $8 per childHomeschool Day at the FarmJoin us for a special day just for the home school community! Our farm will open to co-op groups, playgroups and individual families for a hands-on interactive experience featuring our 8 stations – including the all new Observational Beehive and Aquaponics experiences!Date: Wed. Sep. 2, 2015 Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Book online. Save $1 a ticket by booking before August 19th using code HSDAY.
SkyZone - Roswell and Kennesaw locations - Imagine a seemingly endless sea of trampolines, all connected to form one massive trampoline surface. Now, imagine that surface enclosed with angled trampolines that allow you to literally bounce off the walls! These patented, all-trampoline, walled playing courts are the foundation of Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park.
- Roswell -Usually 1st Friday of the month from 2 PM - 4 PM. In August 2015, it is on the 14th. Cost: $7 for 1 hour. $11 for 2 hours. Does not include Sky Socks.
- Kennesaw - HOME SCHOOL DAY (ANY AGE HOME SCHOOL) 1st Thursday of the month - 11:30-2:30. $9 for an hour. Socks not included.
Zoo Atlanta - The first Tuesday of every month - no minimum group size required. Groups under 10 participants can register at any admission window upon arrival for homeschool day. Groups over 10 must use the registration link. Groups with 10 or more can schedule a homeschool field trip on ANY day. Cost is $9.95 per person.
- Homeschool Skate - $5 admission includes Skate Rental and playground. Noon - 4 PM - Sept 11th, October 8th, November 13th, December 11th, January 8th, February 12th, March 4th, April 15th, May 13th. Pizza and pitcher combo for $10. Skate Mates are $5 for entire session.
Braves Homeschool Night
- Usually in August. Discount includes a pre-game parade and free admission to Braves Museum and Hall of Fame.
Not homeschool days but discounts of interest and group rates
Tellus Museum - Cartersville, GA - FREE to Bank of America customers on the first Saturday and Sunday of the month. Valid for cardmember only.
- Offers options for smaller groups (less than 10 students) and larger groups (10 or more students) with special discounts on students and/or adult ticket prices.
Legoland Discovery Cente
r - Atlanta, GA - Local Homeschools can reserve field trip visits to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Monday-Friday. School groups must have a minimum of 10 people in their party to qualify for special pricing ($7 per child, 1 FREE adult for every 5 children and $10 per additional adult). If you are a homeschool group with less than 10 people and are able to present your declaration of intent, please call us for more information on group visits. Reservations must be confirmed at least 14 days prior to event date.
Booth Western Art Museum - Cartersville, GA - FREE to the public on the 1st Thursday of the month from 4 PM -8 PM and for Bank of America customers, it is free the first Saturday and Sunday of the month. See website for details. See October for 1st homeschool day.
Imagine It! Children's Museum - FREE on the second Tuesday of the month starting at 1:00 PM. The free tickets are issued on a first come first served basis as Museum capacity permits.
Old McDermott's Farm - Carrollton, GA - Grab your homeschool group and schedule a group tour! - The Fall Harvest Tour is available September 26th through November 2nd. Tours can be scheduled for 9 to 10:30. 10:30 to 12, and 12 to 1:30. The picnic area and corn box will be available immediately following the tour for your group to use. You will have 30-40 minutes to use these areas before you depart.The admission for field trips is $7 per student. Parents, grandparents, and siblings are also $7 per person. Siblings age two and under are free.
Southeastern Railway Museum - Duluth, GA - See website for programs that are available as field trips at the museum, or as outreach programs at your school. They are available for public and private schools and preschools as well as for homeschool groups, moms groups, and scout groups. All programs include a hands-on experience with artifacts. Programs that are held at the museum generally* include a train ride and program-specific tour. Programs are $7 per student, Title 1 schools please call for pricing. If you have any questions or would like to book a program please contact the museum's Education Coordinator, Beth Kovach, at 770-495-0253 extension 2, or email@example.com. See September 2014 for homeschool open house.